Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Keithley IO Layer Won't Install

Use this forum for questions about Keithley Test Script Builder software.
Standard Toaster

Keithley IO Layer Won't Install

Post by Standard Toaster » December 23rd, 2010, 7:39 am

Hi. I'm trying to upgrade to the latest version of Test Script Builder and I'm having a problem getting the Keithley IO Layer to install. Every time I try to install the IO layer I get an error saying the installer found an existing product component and that I need to uninstall it first. I've attached an image of the error below.
KIOL Error.png
The error message the IO Layer installer generates.
KIOL Error.png (10.22 KiB) Viewed 15781 times
At the end of the failed installation it refers me to a log file I should check to see what happened. I looked through it, but even it is of no help. All I see is the installer for the IO layer exited with code 1603. What does that mean?! For reference I've attached the log as well.

I've uninstalled every piece of Keithley software from my system and I still get this error! I've even manually gone through the registry and made sure there were no Keithley entries anywhere in it! I've been struggling with this problem for hours! Please some one help!

Thank you!
Attachments
install.log
Failed IO layer installation log
(16.73 KiB) Downloaded 1698 times

Dave W
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: Keithley IO Layer Won't Install

Post by Dave W » December 23rd, 2010, 8:26 am

Hi Toaster,

The problem you are having is caused by the installer for the IO Layer detecting some files left behind in the KeithleyIOLayer\ directory when you uninstalled the previous version. If you check your C:\Program Files\Keithley Instruments\KeithleyIOLayer\ folder you will see several files left behind including a couple of .exe files. The installer for C04 detects these .exe files and thinks the previous version is still installed. This is a mistake by the uninstaller to leave these behind.

The simplest solution to the problem is, after you have uninstalled the previous version using the uninstaller, simply delete the KeithleyIOLayer\ folder. After you've done this, the C04 installer should install with no problem!

Standard Toaster

Re: Keithley IO Layer Won't Install

Post by Standard Toaster » December 23rd, 2010, 8:42 am

Thanks Dave!

You're right, there was files left in there. I just deleted the folder and tried the installation again and voila! It worked!

Return to “Test Script Builder”