Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Script for infinite pulse

Use this forum for questions about Keithley Test Script Builder software.
northernalex1979

Script for infinite pulse

Post by northernalex1979 » August 12th, 2013, 6:40 am

Dear All,

I am trying to program the 2602B SMU unit. I would like to get the unit to output a constant current pulse with a frequency of 10mA, 1000Hz, 50% duty cycle and an upper voltage limit of 8V. At this point in time I do not need to measure anything from the unit, simply to use it as a pulse generator.

I have been using a testscript example from the TSB software

: Title: KE26XXB Pulsed Sweep Single

And I can get this to output a finite number of pulses over a few minutes but we would need this pulse output to go on for weeks. Is there any way I can make the pulse train infinite. I am using the standard code and calling the function like this:

PulsedSweepISingle(10e-3, 10e-3, 100000, 0.0005, 0.001, 8, 0.001, false)

Is there any scripts or functions I can use to output a constant current for at least a month continuously?

Any help would be amazing!! Thanks

Alex

Kenneth P
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Script for infinite pulse

Post by Kenneth P » September 6th, 2013, 7:34 am

Hello Alex,

I haven't tested this for this script but this should be a relatively simple change. The period timer and SMU trigger count needs to be set to 0. I've used a similar script and this should work.

numPoints = 0

You will also need to edit this line:

trigger.timer[1].count = numPoints > 1 and numPoints - 1 or 1

to

trigger.timer[1].count = numPoints

Return to “Test Script Builder”