Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

How to get started with kethley configuration in Excel VBA

KUSB and KPCI DAQ Data Acquisition Products
jjoll1234

How to get started with kethley configuration in Excel VBA

Post by jjoll1234 » December 16th, 2015, 4:31 pm

Hi,
I am an absolute beginner in using keithley products and device configuration. I am currently working to automated a testing procedure so that I can stop doing it manually. I do have two 2410 sourcemeters and 1 LC574A lecroy scope and one NI GPIB‑USB‑HS Network adapter. I would like to connect these devices together using NI GPIB adapter and write Excel VBA to control all of these devices. Any suggestion where I can start? I coudnt find any example or quick start tutorial in kethley website. There are some stuff on how to do it using Labview but I dont have access to Labview that is why I want to go with Excel VBA. Any suggestion that will help me to get started, would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: How to get started with kethley configuration in Excel VBA

Post by Andrea C » December 17th, 2015, 12:48 pm

The first step would be to get the NI GPIB‑USB‑HS working from VBA.
Start with send "*IDN?" and read response back.

To use the GPIB interface card from VBA will be somewhat similar decision matrix to using it from VB.
You'll have to decide if you want to program at GPIB command level or at VISA level, etc.

Here is rather old post from NI for using GPIB driver from Excel:
http://www.ni.com/example/25798/en/

Here is another one concerning using VISA:
http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Cont ... -p/1450478

Return to “Keithley DAQ Data Aquisition Products”