Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Two DMM7510s making simultaneous measurements?

DMM7510 7½-Digit Graphical Sampling Multimeter
Forum rules
<t></t>
aVictor

Two DMM7510s making simultaneous measurements?

Post by aVictor » January 29th, 2016, 4:58 am

We have two DMM7510 units. We need to get the two units making simultaneous VDC measurements of two different circuits.

I tried Kickstart, but it seems to be limited to a single DMM7510.

Is there a way to synchronize two DMM7510 and get continuous VDC samples from both units?

There's no voltage trigger in this setup, but I would settle for stopping VDC measurements on both units simultaneously and writing down the VDC measurement value. If that's the route, how can I stop both units at the same time?

Joseph V
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Two DMM7510s making simultaneous measurements?

Post by Joseph V » February 19th, 2016, 11:34 am

If you want to synchronize two DMM7510's together the simplest way is to trigger the instruments using TSP-Link.
Attached are two .tsp files which set up each instrument for synchronizing measurements. Note this is a very basic application which has some variation between reading times however for the most part each instrument is acquiring a reading ~6 microseconds apart from one another.
Attachments
UnitSyncNode2.tsp
(1.27 KiB) Downloaded 1175 times
UnitSyncNode1.tsp
(1.29 KiB) Downloaded 1178 times

Return to “DMM7510 Graphical Sampling DMM”