Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

MDO3024 Slow on measurements

dlock4

MDO3024 Slow on measurements

Post by dlock4 » September 30th, 2016, 11:02 am

We have developed a driver for take measurement for ARINC429 signals.

The driver has been developed for 2 types of oscilloscope, the old Agilent MSO6052A and the new Tektronix MDO3024

The test duration for take measurement on MSO6052A is 1.433 secs
The test duration for take measurement on MDO3024 is 3.703 secs

The main differences is on command: WaitonEvent and :EVMSG

I was expecting of the new oscilloscope will be much faster for take measurement than the old one. Now, my manager want to go back to agilent scope.

Have you a method to get measurement done much faster?

Dave W
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: MDO3024 Slow on measurements

Post by Dave W » October 4th, 2016, 2:05 pm

Hi dlock4,

I have responded to you request that you sent into the Technical Support Center on this topic. In short, rather than use the :EVMSG? query command after each command I would recommend sending the *ESR? query command to query the Event Status Register and only perform the EVMSG? query if the error bits of Event Status are set. The *ESR? query will run as fast as possible as all the instrument needs to do is return a register value.

As for the waitOnEvent, be sure where you are using it is appropriate. Only a subset of the command set uses the Operation Complete Function *OPC so there is no point in using it if the commands you are trying to us it on do not support it. Please see the programmer's manual for details on what command support the Operation Complete Function.

Return to “Programming Support”