Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Measurement of Current with constant voltage + Looping

Models 2400, 2401, 2410, 2420, 2425, 2430, 2440, 6430
ka3092

Measurement of Current with constant voltage + Looping

Post by ka3092 » February 22nd, 2017, 8:09 am

Good day!

I want to measure current values upon applying a constant voltage. I'm using the Keithley 2400 and KickStart. In the KickStart, I chose SMU simulator and then IV characterizer. How can I perform this measurement using the source voltage and measure current after I chose the IV characterizer? Is it possible to perform this measurement? I do not know which option to choose among the six given choices, namely Voltage sweep, Voltage bias, Voltage List Sweep, Current sweep, Current bias, and Current List Sweep?

I also tried to use the Communication terminal in the KickStart and I used the example commands in pages 1-15 to 1-16 of the Quick Start Guide document for the 2400 Source Meter. The SCPI commands do not work. I am also confused with this "*SourceMeter must be addressed to talk after sending :READ? to trigger and acquire data.". How can I perform this? What are the concrete steps?

I also would like to know about the looping mechanism of the commands? How can I execute this in KickStart? The total duration of one run of my experiment is 12000 seconds. I want to apply voltage for the first 600 seconds and then no voltage application for the next 600 seconds, I will repeat this cycle up to 12,000 seconds.

I hope you guys can help me on this. Thanks!

Return to “2400 Series SourceMeter”