Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Blurry display

DMM6500 6½-Digit Touchscreen Multimeter
nanofo

Blurry display

Post by nanofo » August 15th, 2018, 10:26 am

Hi,

I have a problem with the display of my new DMM6500. It is blurry. Please see the attached photograph,
as shows that the X grid lines are double. Everything on the display has an "out of focus" effect, especially
if viewed from a 12 o'clock angle.

Is something wrong with the display ? I have never seen this before on a TFT display.

grid.jpg
grid.jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 2637 times

Brad O
Keithley
Keithley

Re: Blurry display

Post by Brad O » August 15th, 2018, 2:16 pm

Hi,

The display sometimes has an envelope of angles (10-15 degrees above or below the horizontal) where slight doubling occurs like your - shows, though yours does seem extreme. This is caused by internal reflections from the TFT and touch screen layers.

There's a couple options:
- If you think your doubling is excessive (It seems it might be from your photo), contact your Keithley rep or visit https://www.tek.com/repair to see about a warranty repair. It's possible the display was damaged somehow. In particular, exposure to excessive heat would increase the prominence of this doubling.
- If you haven't already, consider using or collapsing the feet of the DMM6500. It is usually a very tight envelope of angles where this doubling occurs, so changing your natural viewing angle of the instrument, even slightly, may clear the display up for you.

Return to “DMM6500 Bench/System DMM”