Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

kusb-488b driver installation

felipesass

kusb-488b driver installation

Post by felipesass » October 31st, 2012, 1:07 pm

Hi,

I have installed KI-488_Driver_Version_3.12 on a 64 bits system.

Firstly, the installation occurs on a 32 bits folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Keithley Instruments\KI-488

Then I tried to use the IEEEVB.bas (placed in the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Keithley Instruments\KI-488\include) in a Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications project. This version of Visual Basic is opened in Excel 2010 by pressing "Alt+F11". This include file has many 32 bits declarations. For example:

Declare Sub initialize Lib "IEEE_32M.DLL" Alias "[email protected]" (ByVal addr As Long, ByVal level As Long)
Declare Sub boardselect Lib "IEEE_32M.DLL" Alias "[email protected]" (ByVal bd As Long)
Declare Sub settimeout Lib "IEEE_32M.DLL" Alias "[email protected]" (ByVal ms As Long)
Declare Sub setoutputEOS Lib "IEEE_32M.DLL" Alias "[email protected]" (ByVal c1 As Long, ByVal c2 As Long)
Declare Sub setinputEOS Lib "IEEE_32M.DLL" Alias "[email protected]" (ByVal e As Long)

When I try to run the project the following error appears (translated from Portuguese):

"Compilation Error:
The code for this project must be updated for use on 64-bit systems. Analyze and atualise instructions. Declare and then mark them with the attribute PtrSafe"

I have tried in different computers running on win 7 64 bits systems with the same results.

Can you hekp me?

Stuart M
Keithley
Keithley

Re: kusb-488b driver installation

Post by Stuart M » November 7th, 2012, 9:51 am

You need to read the release notes to better understand this drivers' capabilities.
http://www.keithley.com/support/data?asset=56983

At the end of the release notes you will see the section entitled "Driver Support Information".
This should help you determine what you can and can't do with 64 bits vs. 32 bits.
For instance, Ieee_32m.dll is 32-bit only.

Return to “Instrument Accessories & GPIB”