Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

random freeze in labview

GammaRui

random freeze in labview

Post by GammaRui » June 1st, 2011, 7:57 am

Hi, I am using a MSO 2014 oscilloscope with the tdkpo2k driver to interface labview. The program is built (.exe file) and samples one of the channels and displays the signal in real time in labview. The oscilloscope is connected to the computer via usb and it works quite good most of the time.

However, the program freezes randomly, sometimes after 20 sec, sometimes after 20 min. Sometimes it starts working again without me having to do anything, and sometimes it wont work until I have restarted the program several times.

I thought this problem was caused by play in the usb ports so I installed the program on another computer, but that didn't help. Does anyone know what
could cause this?

Thanks,

Rui

Chris B
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: random freeze in labview

Post by Chris B » June 1st, 2011, 8:28 am

Try running NI Spy while your program runs. Configure this to capture all interaction to the VISA. This can help you isolate the problem. If the VISA commands start timing out, then it may be an intermittent problem with communication to the scope (does it still show up in MAX, and can you communicate with it there?), it may be the commands you are sending to the scope are causing lockups, or it may be the LabView code itself. VISA communication is slowed down a little while NI Spy is running as well. If it never locks up when running NI Spy, then you may simply need to add some delays in your code.

andydavis

Re: random freeze in labview

Post by andydavis » June 3rd, 2011, 9:04 pm

Hey Rui, did cball's advice worked for you? Cause I got the same problem as you (it freezes from time to time) and it still doesn't work. guess I didn't try everything yet... i'll do it this weekend.

Return to “Programming Support”