1. Download the attached .tspa file
2. Make sure your DMM’s command set is set to TSP in MENU > Settings
3. Put the script on a USB drive and insert into the DMM
4. Press the APPS key and go to the USB tab
5. You can either run the script here, or save it to local memory first (it will be added to local memory automatically)
6. Click Run
The app adds a swipe screen to the home screen that detects stable readings and displays them on screen. The big reading is still what the DMM is currently measuring. There is a delete button to remove the last reading and a settings button, described below. All readings ever displayed are stored in a separate buffer, called App_buffer, that can be exported just like any other buffer. defbuffer1 holds all the readings the DMM takes, like normal, so you can go back and review the exact measurements taken (though defbuffer1 clears when you change functions). Most functions are supported, the ones NOT supported are digitizing, temperature, continuity, or diode. You can swipe off the probe hold, but no measurements will take place while you’re away from it.
- Beeper: turns the beeper on and off
- Probe Hold Tolerance: The app requires that multiple readings (5 to be precise) must be within this percent change to be considered stable
- Low Threshold: Readings below this value are ignored, you may need to change this value depending on your needs or the measure function (like capacitance where you're probably measuring uF. This is really only a setting because I haven’t figured out a good way to discount readings near 0
- Repeat Tolerance: Immediately repeated readings are ignored. Readings are considered repeated if the percent change between the new reading and the last reading is less than this setting.
This app has not been tested extensively. There are several bugs related to ending the app, so it's recommended to restart your DMM if you want to close the app. If you find a bug you think is obscure, or have an idea for how you'd like the app to work better, please comment here.