Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Current Sweep on k2440 is scaled when Vcompliance is reach

jhowrad

Current Sweep on k2440 is scaled when Vcompliance is reach

Post by jhowrad » May 16th, 2011, 9:54 am

I am doing a linear step current sweep from -130ma to 130ma in 5mA steps using a k2400(LOG sweep does the same),
V comp is set to 8v.
I init the sweep, the k2400 starts @-103mA and ends @130mA as seen on the dsiplay.
I transfer the buffer and plot and it shows the sweep starts and ends at ~ +-60mA keeping the number of steps correct. There are several points at compliance on either end.
Does the K2400 automatically scale the dCi when it hits compliance on a memory sweep? I don't see any reference of this in the tech manual.
I can increase the current range by increasing Vcomp. Of course if I never hit vcompliance the entire current range sepcified is in the buffer.
Thanks

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Current Sweep on k2440 is scaled when Vcompliance is rea

Post by Dale C » May 17th, 2011, 5:45 am

When sourcing current and the Model 2400 goes into compliance, the unit is now sourcing voltage at the compliance limit. It is no longer a current source.
This maybe the reason you are seeing the current range shift.
Sometimes it is advantageous to go into compliance, but not in this case.
I would recommend to either increase the compliance level(if your device can take it) or decrease the current level so as not to go into compliance.

Return to “Low Voltage Measurements”